Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Cooking time – 15 mins|
- Rava – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Water – 2.75 cups
- Food colour – a pinch
- Cardamom – 2 , crushed
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Cashews – 7 to 8
- Dry grapes – few
- Add 3 tbsp of ghee, add cashews and roast it till golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Add dry grapes and fry till it bulges. Remove them from the pan.
- In same pan, add rava and roast in medium flame.
- Roast the rava in medium flame and flipping it often for even cooking.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a vessel and add the sugar to it.
- Boil well till the sugar completely dissolves. Add this boiling sugar syrup to the roasted rava and stir well to form no lumps.
- Add the food colour and broken cardamom to it.
- Continue to stir well in low flame till the water is completely absorbed.
- Add the roasted cashews and dry grapes to the kesari.
- Switch off the flame and add a tbsp of ghee and close the pan.
- Open and serve the rava kesari after 4 to 5 mins.