BabyCorn is my favourite veggie that is always yummy and gets cooked easily. It can be steamed, deep fried or stir fried. Starters in baby corn are a must for us whenever we go to restaurant.
Here is my most loved dish, BabyCorn pepper fry which is so delicious and can be prepared quickly with very less ingredients.
Ingredients (Serves 2 to 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
- BabyCorn – 400gms, cut into pieces
- Pepper powder – 2.5 to 3 tsp
- Spring Onions – 4, finely chopped
- Garlic – 5, cut into pieces
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- In a pan, add oil, the bottom part of spring onion and garlic and sauté well in medium flame.
- Once they change colour, add the chopped BabyCorn and salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook for 4 mins stirring often.
- Add tomato sauce and stir once.
- Add pepper powder and sauté for 2to 3 mins till the BabyCorn gets cooked.
- Switch if the flame and garnish with spring onion leaves.
BabyCorn pepper fry can be had as such as a starter or can be served as a side too.
We had with simple peas pulao and it was yummilicious !!!!!!
- Adjust the pepper powder based on your taste. Mine was spicy.