A low calorie salad which is as tasty as it is good for you!! Salads are always refreshing and more delicious with homemade dressing. The sour cream and mustard put together as the dressing offers a creamy texture and tangy flavor.
The main ingredients here are the all season’s vegetables. This fresh bright salad is healthy and very easy to prepare.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 15 mins|
- Onion – 1/2 cubed
- Cherry tomatoes – 5, cut into halves
- Lettuce – 3 leaves
- Bell peppers (Red and Orange) – 1 cup, cut length wise
- Carrot – 1, cut into pieces
- Cucumber – 1, cut into pieces
- Celery – 1 stalk, cut into pieces
Sour cream dressing
- Sour cream – 1/2 cup
- Mustard sauce – 2 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 1, minced
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Honey- 1 tsp
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Mayonnaise- 1 tbsp
- Pepper- as needed
- Cut the vegetables and arrange them as shown below.
- Add salt and pepper as required.
- To prepare the dressing, place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix until you get a creamy consistency.
- Add the dressing to the salad and the salad is ready to be served.
An easy meal that works for more health conscious ones too. We enjoyed them for a light dinner , you can have them as brunch too!!!!
- You can use white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar.
- Greek Yogurt can be used to replace sour cream.
- You can make the dressing before and refrigerate, as it keeps well for few days.