Schezwan fried rice is a popular variety of fried rice from the Indo-Chinese cuisine made using schezwan sauce. The spicy flavor of the sauce mixed with the crunchiness of the vegetables makes it delicious.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Preparation time – 30 mins|
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Basmati Rice – 1 ¼ cups
- Schezwan sauce – 3 tbsp
- Carrot – 2 finely chopped
- Beans – 8 to 10 finely chopped
- Green Bell pepper – 1 finely chopped
- Red Bell pepper – 1/2 finely chopped
- Yellow Bell pepper – 1/2 finely chopped
- Spring onion – 3 to 4 stems finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 big cloves finely chopped
- Celery – 3 tbsp chopped
- Salt – as needed
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cook basmati rice (Refer How to cook a perfect Basmati rice).
- Prepare the Schezwan sauce.
- Cut all vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, spring onions and give a stir.
- Add the veggies and salt and cook in high flame for 6 to 8 minutes until the veggies are cooked but crunchy.
- Add the schezwan chilli paste and give a stir.
- Add the cooked rice and toss and well.
- Garnish with Spring onions.
- You can use store bought Schezwan sauce as well.
- When cooking veggies, I usually add beans first as it takes more time to cook.
- Toss carefully not to break the rice.
We had the Schezwan fried rice with Honey chilli potatoes and it was just a perfect combination.