Honey Chilli Potato is a popular Indo-Chinese dish which is loved by people of all ages. The potato’s crunchiness combined with the mix of all flavors is assured to please the taste buds of everyone.
It serves as an excellent starter / side.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 25 mins
- Potato – 2 peeled and cut into wedges
- Onion – 1 (small) finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 finely chopped
- Spring onion – 1 bunch finely chopped
- Celery – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Green bell pepper – 1 cut into cubes
- Green Chilli – 1 slit
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Roasted Sesame seeds (white) – 1 tbsp
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – to deep fry
- Boil the potatoes in water added with salt for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain the water and keep aside.
- Add corn flour and pepper powder to the potatoes.
- Mix well till the potatoes are coated with corn flour.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the potatoes in medium flame until cooked.
- Strain the excess oil by placing them in paper towels / kitchen tissues.
- In a pan add oil, garlic, celery, onion and stir well for 2 mins
- Now add capsicum and continue to stir till they are cooked and crunchy.
- Add in tomato sauce, chilli sauce , soy sauce and vinegar and cook for a minute.
- Mix corn flour in ¼ cup water and add.
- Cook till you achieve the desired consistency.
- Switch off the flame and add honey immediately and mix well.
- Add the fried potatoes and roasted sesame seeds and give a toss.
- Garnish with some spring onion and roasted sesame seeds.