Ingredients (Serves 3 to 4)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Poha / Aval – 2 cups
- Peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Cashew nuts – 7 to 8, broken
- Dry Grapes -few
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Hing – a pinch
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Dry roast aval / poha till crisp in medium flame. I have used red aval, you can use the normal ones too.
- Dry roast peanuts and keep them aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil and fry dry grapes till they bulge.
- In same oil fry cashews till golden brown and place them in a kitchen towel.
- Add a tsp of oil and fry curry leaves.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and hing, give a stir and switch off.
- In a wide bowl add all the roasted ingredients, salt and toss well.
- You can add a pinch of sugar and pepper powder too.