Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Baby potatoes – 12
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Hing – a pinch
- Salt – as needed
- Wash and pressure cook the baby potatoes in enough water with salt for 2 whistles.
- Cool them down and peel off the skin.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard and once it splutters add curry leaves.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, hing, coriander powder and cumin powder to the oil. Give a quick stir.
- Add in the potatoes immediately taking care not to burn the masala powders.
- In medium flame roast the potatoes well till desired.
- Switch off the flame and serve it with rice / rotis.
- Take care not to over cook potatoes.
- Make sure to add the potatoes in few seconds of adding masala else they may get burnt.