Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Soaking time – 3 hours|
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Green gram – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Split Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1/2 inch, sliced
- Green chillies – 2, slit
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Hing – a generous pinch
- Salt – as required
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Soak green gram for 2 to 3 hours in enough water.
- Boil water in a pan.
- Drain water from the green gram and add it to the boiling water.
- Add salt and cook for around 12 mins in medium flame till it’s cooked completely.
- Once done, remove from heat and filter the water.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard and when it splutters, add green chilli, ginger, hing, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add the green gram to it and sauté well.
- Add salt if required.
- Switch off and serve. Garnish with coriander leaves.