Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Sweet corn (fresh / frozen) – 1.5 cups
- Khoya – 3/4 cup, crumbled
- Sugar – 2.5 tbsp
- Ghee – 1.5 tbsp
- Cashew – 7 to 8 broken
- Milk – 4 tbsp
- Saffron – few strands
- I have used fresh corn, so steamed the corn till tender and separated the kernels. If using frozen corn, follow the package instructions.
- Grind them to a paste in a blender.
- Soak few saffron strands in 2 tbsp warm milk.
- In a pan, add ghee and fry the cashews till golden brown.
- Remove the cashews and in the same pan fry the corn paste well.
- Add the crumbled Khoya and sauté continuously for 3 to 4 mins.
- Mix well to remove any lumps and combine well.
- Add sugar and mix the paste well.
- Add the milk and soaked saffron to it and mix.
- Continue to stir till the mixture separates from the pan.
- Add the fried cashews to the halwa.
- The halwa is ready to be served !!!