Simple, tasty and flavourful carrot soup prepared with carrot, ginger, onion, garlic and lemon zest to enhance the flavours and give a yummy twist to the regular carrot soup !
Ginger added to the soup balance out the sweetness of the carrot and also helps to fight the common cold, flu symptoms.
Garnish with pepper powder, fresh mint and coriander leaves and serve hot !!
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Carrot – 2, cubed
- Ginger – 2 tsp, grated
- Shallots / small onion – 10, chopped
- Garlic – 3, chopped
- Lemon zest – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Pepper powder – for garnishing
- Mint – for garnishing
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Salt – as needed
- Butter – 1.5 tbsp
- In a pan, add butter and when hot add onion and garlic and fry till they change colour.
- Add chopped carrots, salt, grated ginger and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add water and allow it to boil.
- Cook closed in medium for 5 mins till the carrot are soft.
- Add lemon zest and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and cool it down.
- Blend them smooth using a blender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, add pepper and garnish with fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves.
Enjoy the flavourful , healthy and delicious lemony carrot ginger soup.