Rava dosa is a quick and tasty South Indian tiffin variety. It can be had for breakfast / dinner. It so crispy and light and tastes amazing. It’s made with rava, rice flour and maida along with ginger, green chillies , pepper and onion.
The lacy, thin rava dosa can be prepared instantly within 15 mins.
Ingredients (Serves 3 to 4)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 3 mins per dosa
- Rava / Semolina – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Maida / All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 2, chopped
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 2, chopped
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch, chopped
- Curry leaves – a sprig, chopped
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp, chopped
- Butter milk / Water – as needed
- Salt – as needed
- Mix rava, rice flour and all purpose flour with water.
- The consistency should be watery than the regular dosa batter consistency.
- Add all the other ingredients to the batter and mix them well.
- Heat a tawa and when hot drizzle oil and take a big ladle full of batter and start pouring from outside to the center.
- Add some more oil and cook in medium flame till the base is golden brown .
- Flip and cook. Repeat the same steps for all the other dosa.
Serve hot with chutney / sambar. We love to have it with tomato chutney.
- The consistency of the batter is very important. The batter might get thicker with time. Add water and salt to adjust the consistency.
- Pour the batter when the tawa is really hot to get crispy dosa.
- You can use buttermilk along with water mix the batter.