The next guest post is from Selvi, I have known her for years and cooking is her specialty. She likes to cook for others and the love she adds in it is her secret ingredient that makes all her dishes super delicious.
Look out for this space for more exciting recipes from many such wonderful ladies !!
I am Selvi, mom of 2 kids. My passion is to cook different varieties of food. I love to cook and serve my friends and family.
Simmely balls is an old traditional dish. It’s made with ragi, peanut, ghee and jaggery. This healthy and tasty dish is loaded with nutrients and very easy to prepare. My grand mom used ulakai to grind instead of mixie.
Ingredients (makes 12)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 25 mins
- Ragi flour – 1 cup
- Groundnut – 100 gm
- Sesame seeds – 20 gm
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery – 100 gm
- Cardamom – 2
- Salt – as per taste
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Mix Ragi flour with water and salt to achieve a dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a tawa, drizzle ghee and add a ladle of batter to it.
- Flip and cook well.
- Follow the above steps to prepare dosa for the remaining batter too.
- Dry roast sesame seeds in medium flame.
- Dry roast groundnuts and peel their skin.
- Dry roast coconut and cardamom in medium flame. Take care not to burn.
- Cut the ragi dosa into pieces and add it to the blender along with the roasted sesame seeds, ground nut and coconut.
- Blend till all the ingredients are coarsely powdered and mixed well.
Prepare small balls with the mixture and the healthy simmely balls are ready !!! Do try this and let us know your feedback.