Nellikkai / Goosberry also called as Amla is rich in vitamin C and helps to fight common cold. It also helps in building immunity and burns fat.
Nellikkai thayir pachadi / raita is a healthy and conventional South Indian recipe which can be had along with kuzhambu / sambar and rasam rice.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 5 mins|
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Gooseberry – 5
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – 2 , chopped roughly
- Coconut – 1/4 cup, cut finely
- Salt – as needed
- Sesame Oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Hing / Asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Wash and cut the sides of the gooseberry and grate it finely.
- Add coconut, green chilli, hing in a mixer with 1/4 cup water.
- Add curd and whisk or give a pulse in a mixer.
- Mix it with the grated goose berries.
- Transfer to a bowl and temper with oil, mustard, hing and curry leaves.
Easy, tasty and healthy nellikkai thayir pachadi ready !!! We had with rasam and sambar and was a complete meal !!