Paneer / Cottage cheese is a most often go to dish for us. We use it at least twice a week in our diet as we all love it !! Paneer is a good source of protein especially for the vegetarians. It’s rich in calcium too and is also keto friendly.
Paneer bhurji is scrambled paneer generally made with onion, tomatoes and spices. It’s savoury, tangy and spicy and goes well with Indian breads or a toast. We had paneer bhurji sandwich in which I have made a simple paneer bhurji recipe without tomatoes.
It takes very less time to prepare but was very tasty and filling !!! A perfect breakfast or snack for the kids ..
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Paneer / Cottage cheese – 300 gms, scrambled
- Onion – 1, chopped finely
- Green Bell Pepper – 1 small, chopped finely
- Green chilli- 2, chopped
- Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Jeera / Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Lime Juice – 1 tbsp
- In a pan, add oil, jeera and onion. Fry till onion turns transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped green bell pepper, salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add all the spice powders and sauté well.
- Add the scrambled paneer.
- Add salt and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Switch off. Add lime juice and coriander leaves.
Delicious and healthy Paneer Bhurji is ready. We had Paneer Bhurji Sandwich and it was sooo yummmmm !!!!
- If using frozen paneer, immerse in hot water till soft and then scramble.
- You can add one small tomato to the recipe. I skipped it as my kids don’t prefer.
- You can add vegetables of your choice.