Coleslaw is a side dish in Dutch cuisine consisting primarily of shredded cabbage with a salad dressing. Light, flavorful and crunchy classic coleslaw with homemade creamy dressing can be prepared in around 10 minutes.
I love using the combination of purple and green cabbage. It makes the dish so colorful and vibrant.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
- Purple Cabbage – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
- Green Cabbage – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
- Onion – 1/4 cup, thinly sliced
- Carrot – 1/4 cup, thinly sliced
- Salt – as needed
- Pepper – as needed
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Mayonnaise – 1/4 cup
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – As needed
- To prepare the dressing, take all Ingredients in a bowl and whip them well.
- Add all the veggies in a big bowl.
- Add the prepared dressing to it and toss well.
The yummy coleslaw is ready. This can be had as such or can be used in Sandwiches and Burgers !!!
- You can make it sugarless too.
- You can make in advance and store in fridge for 2 to 3 days.