Wraps are made with soft flat bread rolled with a stuffing. The base can be made with wheat flour / whole purpose flour. In this recipe, i have used wheat flour as the base to prepare the tortilla / roti.
Walnuts and cauliflower are kids favorite and they complement each other. The crunchy cauliflower walnut stuffing enhances the taste and flavor of the wrap.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 15 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Cauliflower – 1 medium sized
- Walnuts – 3/4 cup
- Onion – 1, chopped finely
- Red Bell pepper – 1, chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Cumin / Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Boil water with salt and add cauliflower florets to it.
- Leave for 3 to 4 mins and drain water completely.
- Grind the walnuts and cauliflower separately and mix them.
- In a pan, add oil, onions and fry till they turn transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the Red Bell peppers and sauté for a minute.
- Add the ground cauliflower walnut mixture and stir.
- Add salt and all the spices to it and sauté well.
- Add 2 tbsp water and cook for around 5 mins in medium flame.
- Add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Now to prepare the tortillas / rotis, make a dough with wheat flour, salt and water.
- Roll them into balls and flatten them smooth into circles.
- Heat an iron Tawa and cook them both sides.
- Place a portion of the prepared stuffing in it and roll them.
- Cut them into halves and TOP with tomato sauce and some more stuffing if you like.
We had the healthy Cauliflower Walnut Wraps for dinner and it was so tasty and filling !!!
- You can skip the red bell peppers or add any vegetable if your choice.
- You can ground the cauliflower mixture coarse, if you prefer the texture.
- Add spices according to your taste, ours was not spicy and was perfect with tomato and chilli sauce.