Delicious and aromatic Thai green curry is easy to prepare. I have tried to replicate the vegetarian version of Thai green curry, called as Gang Kiew Wan in Thai language. This Curry mixed with rice serves as a hearty and satisfying meal.
The lemon grass mixed with the coriander leaves and the spices enhances the aroma and flavor of the dish. This gravy is made with coconut milk and vegetables, which makes it rich and healthy.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Preparation time – 15 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Beans – 6 to 8, cut into pieces
- Green Bell Pepper – 1, cut into cubes
- Carrot – 1, cut into cubes
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese – 100 gms
- Green Peas – a handful
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Coconut Cream (thick) – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Cream (thin) – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Salt – As required
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
Green Curry Paste
- Lemon grass – 2 stalks, cut into pieces
- Shallots – 5 to 6, chopped
- Garlic – 2 to 3 cloves, chopped
- Cumin seeds / Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch, chopped
- Green Chilli – 2, chopped
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Lemon zest – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut cream (thick) – 2 tbsp
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 3/4 cup, tightly packed
- Soy sauce – 1/2 tsp
- Brown sugar – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch
- Water – As required
- To prepare the green curry paste, grind all the ingredients with little water.
- In a pan, add oil, beans, carrot and saute for 5 mins till they become soft.
- Add green bell pepper and saute for 2 more mins and switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add the green curry paste and cook in low flame until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the thick coconut cream, stir fried vegetables along with paneer and peas. Cook in low flame for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add the thin coconut cream and give it a stir.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy !!! It can be served with rice, quinoa.
- You can add any other veggies of your choice.
- Gravy was little spicy as we love it so.
- If you use frozen paneer, immerse it in hot water until use.