Pineapple fried rice recipe loaded with vegetables and pineapple gives a a balance of sweet and spicy flavor and makes the dish delicious.
Homemade pineapple fried rice is very simple and easy to make and healthy too. You can make variations as per your taste that makes it even more likable.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 15 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Spring Onions – 3 stems chopped
- Garlic – 4 cloves chopped
- Pineapple – 1/2 cup chopped
- Carrot – 1 finely chopped
- Red Bell pepper – 1/2 finely chopped
- Yellow Bell pepper – 1/2 finely chopped
- Peas – 1/4 cup (Frozen)
- Sweet corn – 1/4 cup (Frozen)
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – As required
- Salt – As required
- Pepper – As required
- Wash and soak rice. Refer this link for Cooking perfect Basmati rice.
- In a pan, add oil, garlic and onions and fry till they change color.
- Add carrot and saute for 2 mins , then add the bell peppers and saute for a minute.
- Add peas and sweetcorn and give a stir.
- Add pineapple chunks and give a stir.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, pepper powder and turmeric powder and fry till the vegetables are cooked yet crunchy.
- Add cooked rice and toss well.
- Pineapple fried rice ready to be served !!!!
Enjoy the crunchy, tasty and healthy pineapple fried rice with any gravy. We had with Thai Pumpkin yellow curry and it was a perfect combination.
- You can also use leftover rice for the dish.
- Make sure the vegetables are cooked yet crunchy.
- After adding rice to the cooked vegetables, toss carefully not to break the long grains.