Veggie Burrito Bowl is one of the healthy food we have often for lunch/dinner. They are easy to cook, delicious and filling too.
Mexican food has always been my favorite ever since I tasted it first in Chipotle, London. Here’s my version of the Burrito Bowl.
Ingredients (Serves 3)
|Preparation time – 10 mins|
Cooking time – 20 mins
- White / Brown rice – 1/2 cup
- Red Beans – 1/2 cup (soaked overnight)
- Onion – 1 diced
- Garlic – 2 cloves minced
- Green Bell Pepper – 1
- Orange Bell Pepper – 1/2
- Red Bell Pepper – 1/2
- Corn – 1/4 cup
- Paneer / Cottage cheese – 100 gms
- Cilantro / Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Tomato Salsa – As required
- Guacamole – As required
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – As required
- Olive oil / Butter – As required
- Salt – as needed
- Lime juice – 1/2 lemon squeezed
- Lemon Zest – 1 tsp
- Cook white / Brown rice with enough water and let it cook.
- To prepare the Coriander/Cilantro lime rice, mix 1tbsp olive oil , 2 clove garlic minced , 1 tsp lemon zest , 1 tbsp lime juice and 1/2 cup coriander/cilantro in a bowl. Add this to rice and mix gently.
- Soak red bean over night and pressure cook for 5 whistles. Filter and add salt and crushed pepper.
- Cut all veggies and roast them separately with red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Adjust spice and salt to your taste.
- Roast paneer with the spice powders and keep it aside.
- Prepare Guacamole. Refer the recipe here.
- Prepare Pico de Gallo / Tomato Salsa. Refer the recipe here.
- Build your bowl by adding rice,beans, roasted veggies,corn and paneer and topped with Guacamole and Salsa.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice.
- Can Oven roast the veggies instead of pan fry.